Monday, June 8, 2009

My Music Maker

What if he wakes up?
Where does that leave me?
A physiological explanation defying any deeper exploration of who's just ceased to be.
A stream of consciousness to be cast away, to begin another boring day that will go on and on without me.

After all it's a sin I commit almost every day.
I do whatever's necessary to get rid of all I saw.
Would I simply join the thoughts & delusions, take on the lives of myths and illusions as they fall away with a breath of new clean air?
Would I fall & falter off the edge of the altar; shall I disappear forever, would that be fair?

I've seen myself unable to get my sister to karate.
I once carried my mother's corpse around a department store.
These are the things I do when I'm asleep until I wake in fright and start to weep for fear that soon these sights could all be true.
So now I have to ask the question, scared to death to learn the lesson; am I just this happening to you?

No comments: