Sunday, April 20, 2008

Omni Presents

So I was thinking, maybe he can't see it all.
Maybe he's just been around too long
to wonder if we're praying or breaking into song,
to know whether or not we give a shit about right from wrong.

So I was hoping, maybe I'll get away with it.
Maybe it's not about eventual perfection,
but just about possibly making a connection
to forget the science of thought & natural selection.

So I was guessing, maybe there's nothing to look forward to.
Maybe omnipotence is as good as it gets
and it's less fun to get away with whatever he lets,
and all you do is take the gamble out of all your bets.

So I was begging, maybe I could lose the guilt.
Maybe my intelligence won't let me feel so down
to wonder why I'm even allowed to stick around
to beg in tears for final forgiveness before I'm rotting in the ground.

No comments: