Saturday, March 29, 2008

Acceptable Period

Can't bring a sense of attention.
Cannot be forced to mention,
all the ways we were rejected
no matter how hard we were reflected.

I watched for knives coming at my back until I felt it.
One blade under the ribs, and one underneath my armpit.
The bastard came right at me, with smiles & salutations.
He knew just how to play on every one of my frustrations.

We saw our blood and the closing of the coffin door.
Next we were begging for the friend of sinners & a whore.
But we got nothing but the darkness from which we ran away,
and now we breathe in dirt & worm shit every single day.

He was like a god, showing nothing to the non-believers.
He was like an angel, comforting all the grievers.
He smiled deftly, and took every single thing in reach,
and when it seemed all over, I found one more knife in one more breach.

No comments: