Sunday, September 23, 2007

At One, At Once

As we sailed into the seas of uncharted desperation,
there is nothg but your absence to cause exasperation.
While love was once a mystery, a journey not worth taking,
loneliness is now a forgotten friend, a pain not worth faking.

You took my hand and showed me strength never before on display,
and made me question everything, even how I'd lived this way.
Fear became the enigma, courage sitting on my shoulders,
where once I'd sit right in the back, I now show up much bolder.

So, how come when I've only just found you, you must go away,
if I want to keep on talking to you, I must learn to pray...?
I know I'll undertake this, though, with all that you have taught me.
I'll face up everyday, now, with these new eyes that you brought me.

No comments: